From Sunday to Thursdays 8AM to 3.30PM.
For further query:
Requirements to obtain International Driving Permit
- Copy of valid Omani Driving License
- Copy of valid Resident Card (for Non-Omani)
- Passport size photo – 2nos (any background)
- Fee Rials Omani 16 and Baisas 300.
Carnet de passage booklet helps to export private vehicles to other countries on temporary basis.
Procedure to obtain Carnet de passage:-
- Complete the Application form (Available in OAA)
- Bank Guarantee with one year validity (Please check the amount with OAA)
- Photocopy of Car Registration
- Copy of ID Card for Omanis, Passport Copy/Resident Card for Non Omanis.
- NOC from ROP Traffic in case of exporting the vehicle by shipment
- NOC from ROP Traffic in case the registration is not in applicant’s name.
- One Photograph.
- OMR 1 for the application form.
- OMR 75 for 10 Carnet pages, and OMR 50 for the renewal of the Carnet*.
- OMR 100 for 25 Carnet pages, and OMR 60 for the renewal of the Carnet*
- * Terms & Conditions Apply
In Case of Permanent Exportation:-
- Carnet de Passage duly discharged.
- Certificate of location from the customs department duly endorsed by the Oman Embassy of the country the vehicle has been re-registered
- Hand over both the car registration plates
- Hand over the original registration card
- Copy of the new vehicle registration card
Note:- In case the vehicle registration card expires before the applicant surrenders all the above documents the ROP imposes a fine plus renewal fees. So applicants are requested to send OAA all documents before the expiry date.