The Oman Automobile Association is also affiliated to Alliance Internationale De Tourisme (AIT) whose Headquarters is also in Switzerland. AIT is the controlling and monitoring body for issue of Carnet De Passages (Trip Ticket) and giving guidance on issuance of International Driving Licences.
OAA is issuing International Driving Permits with one year validity period.
Requirements to obtain International Driving Permit
- Copy of valid Omani Driving License
- Copy of valid Resident Card
- Passport size photo – 2nos (any background)
- Fee Rials Omani 16 and Baisas 300.
From Sunday to Thursdays 8AM to 2.30PM.
- For further query:
Tel: (+968) 24 510 630, (+968) 24510239
Fax: (+968) 24 510 276
Carnet de passage booklet helps to export private vehicles to other countries on temporary basis.
Procedure to obtain Carnet de passage:-
- Complete the Application form (Available in OAA)
- Bank Guarantee with one year validity (Please check the amount with OAA)
- Photocopy of Car Registration
- Copy of ID Card for Omanis, Passport Copy/Resident Card for Non Omanis.
- NOC from ROP Traffic in case of exporting the vehicle by shipment
- NOC from ROP Traffic in case the registration is not in applicant’s name.
- One Photograph.
- Fee RO.55/- (non refundable)
- Application form RO.1/-
In Case of Permanent Exportation:-
- Carnet de Passage duly discharged.
- Certificate of location from the customs department duly endorsed by the Oman Embassy of the country the vehicle has been re-registered
- Hand over both the car registration plates
- Hand over the original registration card
- Copy of the new vehicle registration card
Note:- In case the vehicle registration card expires before the applicant surrenders all the above documents the ROP imposes a fine plus renewal fees. So applicants are requested to send OAA all documents before the expiry date.